Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Desire for Self

'You claim everything that happens to you as 'my' because that is the way you have become accustomed to categorising the things that go on inside you. But the desire for the Self is not 'my' desire for the Self; it is the Self itself calling you, calling attention to itself within you. That only happens when your desire for other things and objects is absent. The pull towards the Self happens when you temporarily stop being interested in all the things that usually keep your attention away from the Self.

'People ask me, "Papaji, how can I increase my desire for the Self since you say that this desire is enough for liberation?"

'My answer to this is, "Stop having desires for other things". When this happens, the Self pulls you into itself and liberates you.'

Poonja alias Papaji

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home